1. We respect your privacy
- The Bagel Co. respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about
2. Collection of personal information
When you use this website The bagel co. will only collect necessary personal information, which you provide, to us and information about how you use our website, for example by making a purchase or posting original content to our site. This information includes your name, home or work address, phone number, e-mail contact and information about the products and services, which interest you. The Bagel Co. will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means and will let you know where and how to contact us.
- The Bagel Co. will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with
3. How we collect your personal information
4. Use of your personal information
The Bagel Co. may use your personal information to:
(a) process your orders for our products or services that you place with our website, directly with our store or any other representative of THE BAGEL CO.;
(b) administer and deal with any issues you raise with us regarding any of our products or services;
(c) analyse products and customer services and develop new products; and
(d) facilitate THE BAGEL CO. internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal requirements.
- The Bagel Co. may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your
- The Bagel Co. may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or
5. Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of The Bagel Co., thebagelco.com.au, its customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
6. Security of your personal information
Your credit card details are transmitted through a secure, third party gateway which sends these details to the bank. All credit card details are protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and currency of transactions is in AUD only. Your credit card, or Pay Pal account will be charged accordingly from The Bagel Co. However, your credit card details are not stored by The Bagel Co. and will destroy or permanently de‑identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
The Bagel Co. recognises that your e-mail address and mobile phone number are confidential. We will not use or disclose your e-mail address and mobile phone number to any third party without your explicit consent, nor will you get any unsolicited bulk e-mail (also known as “spam”) with any commercial offers or advertisements, as a result of your registration of details with The Bagel Co.
When you use this website, our Internet Service Providers record your visit and logs the following data for aggregate statistical purposes – server address, top level domain name (e.g. .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.), date and time of visit, pages accessed, previous website visited and type of web browser and operating system used. This information together with any other feedback / information you provide us from time to time are used to continuously improve our service.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect service provider logs.
Your IP address is logged upon placing an order as part of our commitment to fraud prevention and security. The Bagel Co. will pass on any information related to suspected fraudulent activity to the appropriate authorities.
- The Bagel Co. is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and
7. Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
8. Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to
PO Box 285
BONDI, NSW 2026
We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- When you visit our website
When you come to our website (www.thebagelco.com.au) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We provide you with choice as to whether we send you information about special products and services in the future, and whether information is sent by our agents or third party service providers. You may also change this choice in the future by contacting us with this request, although it may also be necessary to contact any other organisations which have obtained your information to indicate your choice at this stage.
- Third party sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that The Bagel Co. is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.